TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING AND HIRE - UPDATED FOR HOLIDAYS COMMENCING AFTER 3RD JULY 2020
All bookings are provisional until agreed in writing by Patrick or Fiona Palmer. The person whose name appears on the booking form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring the the following terms & conditions are adhered to and must personally stay at the accommodation throughout the holiday. These are subject to change at any time.
1. We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. It is a condition of your contract with us that you should have holiday cancellation insurance in place at the time of booking. If, for any reason, you need to cancel your booking and do not have any cancellation insurance in place the following will apply - The deposit payment is non-refundable under any circumstances. If the full amount has been paid, we will try to re-let your dates. If we are successful with a replacement booking we will refund you all or part of the balance you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking. You will be reimbursed at the check-in date of the original booking or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date. If, we are unable to re-let the lodge, unfortunately no refund will be possible. This is the reason why we strongly recommend that you have holiday cancellation insurance in place. Unfortunately, we cannot act as insurance agents in the event of cancellation. Any cancellations must be taken up with your insurance provider and we should be notified as soon as possible. Guests travelling from overseas will also require to have holiday cancellation insurance in place.
2. "Force Majeure" (circumstances beyond the control of the owner). If, for any reason, we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example, fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, pandemics, destruction/damage to the property ("force majeure") you will be refunded the full amount of the booking, less an administration fee of £25 to cover bank charges, etc., or be offered a credit for a future stay. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the lodging costs based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of the liability of the owners. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
3. Covid-19 - If any member of your party presents themselves with symptoms of Covid-19 you will be advised to check out and return home immediately. If the guest has breathing difficulties please seek medical help immediately. If, for any reason, you are required to extend your stay, you will be required to pay all additional costs.
4. Weekly bookings are normally from Saturday to Saturday, except Ben Lawers Lodge and Beinn Ghlas Lodge (Friday to Friday). Entry not before 4.00pm on arrival date and lodges must be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure. Alternative start dates may be available out of season.
5. A non-returnable deposit of £100 per week booked (which is of course deducted from the price of your holiday) is payable to confirm the booking. Payments can be made by UK Bank Transfer, cheques made payable to 'Bracken Lodges' or from most credit/debit cards over the telephone. We can also send you a link for you to make a card payment online through our secure payment system (Worldpay) or you can opt to make payment online via Holiday Rent Payment at the time of booking. We are unable to process payments from American Express Cards. The balance is due in full 6 weeks in advance of your arrival, no reminder will be sent for the balance, so to avoid disappointment, please ensure your final payment has reached us by the given date. A booking confirmation and receipt will be sent for your deposit and final payment within 7 days by e-mail or post by request.
6. Two Person Occupancy Discount - We are happy to offer two people a 5% weekly discount in any of our two bedroom lodges all year round.
7. Dogs/pets/animals of any kind are strictly forbidden in any of the lodges and we do not allow them to sleep over night in vehicles.
8. Smoking is strictly forbidden in any of the lodges. We reserve the right to make charges against credit cards or to invoice for extra cleaning or damages.
9. The use of inflatable hot tubs are not permitted.
10. For insurance purposes numbers of the people occupying the lodges must NOT exceed the number stated at the time of booking. A maximum of 2 people in the one bedroom lodge, a maximum of 4 people in the two bedroom lodges and a maximum of 6 in the three bedroom lodges. Babies must be included in the party size. This number will comprise of the same individuals throughout the period of hire. Beinn Ghlas Lodge cannot be booked in conjunction with any other lodge. The entertaining or accommodation of persons outside this group is strictly forbidden without prior consent. Strictly no additional overnight visitors and no large groups in any lodges. Our insurance requires that we have a record of all residents to the properties. The proprietors will not accept a booking from an all-male or all-female group (i.e. stag/hen parties) without prior arrangement - we are a family park. The hired property shall be used solely for holiday purposes and the hirer shall not sub-let the property.
11. The proprietors reserve the right to decline accommodation and to order any unauthorised person off the premises. The proprietors also reserve the right to restrict access to pets at their discretion. The proprietors reserve the right to remove any persons from the premises for any part of the booking or if the persons behaviour is deemed to be grossly inconsiderate or is in breach of these conditions. This action will be done without a refund of any payments made for hire. The proprietors shall be allowed to enter the lodge for all reasonable purposes.
12. In the unlikely event that the lodge you have booked is not available for any reason, we reserve the right to offer you one of our other lodges. We will contact you before your stay should this eventuality occur.
13. Hirers are requested to leave their lodges as clean and tidy as they find it, as per the basic departure list found in all lodges. Failure to do so may incur an additional charge payable prior to departure. Adult group bookings may be required to pay an additional £150 housekeeping deposit prior to arrival. This will be refunded to the hirer in the week following departure, providing that the lodges has not been over occupied and was left in the condition found. We are unable to accept bookings from single sex groups, i.e. stag/hen parties. Hirers will be liable for any damage they or any guests within their group may cause to the holiday lodge structure or contents.
14. All properties are fully furnished with beds made up for arrival. Cots and high chairs are available subject to availability. Please indicate requirement at time of booking. One hand towel and one bath towel are provided per person/per week. Should you require freshly laundered towels at any other stage of your holiday there will be a charge of £2.50 per person. All fortnight stays will receive clean bed linen and towels half way through their stay. Separate laundry facilities are available, small additional charge.
15. As the lodges are timber, please do not barbeque on the balcony areas. If using disposable barbeques, please do not place directly on the grass or picnic table. The use of fireworks is strictly forbidden.
16. The proprietors accept no responsibility for any injury to residents or their families, or to any damages to any property belonging to any of the above, including motor vehicles and boats.
17. At all times guests are requested to show consideration for other residents in nearby lodges. This has particular reference to the use of the outdoor areas. Ball games are permitted only in areas away from the lodges. Bicycles must not be brought into the lodge at any time.
18. In line with the Government Guidelines regarding Covid-19, day visitors or the entertaining of other people not staying at Bracken Lodges will not be permitted at the moment.